Thursday, September 18, 2014

Baby is a...

...
Went to the doctor today for my 16 week appointment! For a week or so it was back and forth whether or not Jay could go but he was able to and we were super excited! The doctor was able to see the baby's parts clearly enough to give us a 99% accurate answer to what sex the baby is. SO without further adieu...

Baby is a...


And here she is...


This is her hand waving at us!


We were completely shocked because we both thought it was a boy for sure. I kept joking with Jay about it being a girl but didn't really think it would be. But we are super excited about our healthy baby girl! The doctor took different measurements of her head and different bones and we got to see her heart (which has 4 chambers and looks really strong)! She is still measuring right on track for March 5th. And we have another appointment in 4 weeks. 

Here's the weekly facts:

How far along: 16 weeks
Sex of Baby: 99% sure the baby is a girl! 
Weight gain: About two pounds since my last appointment
Maternity clothes: Have a few things waiting for when I need them
Stretch marks: Applying lotion daily
Belly button in or out: In obviously 
Sleep: Eh depends on the night, I wake up a lot more than I used to though
Best moment this week: Getting to see our baby girl today!
Worst moment this week: nothing I can think of
Miss anything: the occasional alcoholic beverage
Movement: I swear I felt something the other day but that was just once so I'm thinking it might not have been her.
Cravings: Meatball subs from subway for sure, i could probably eat one every day 
Aversions: Nothing stands out
Queasy or sick: Nope feeling great!
Looking forward to: Getting that baby bump here in the next couple of weeks and feeling some movement

No comments:

Post a Comment